Anniversary Highlights and Photos
We will post photos highlighting anniversary events and activities to this page throughout the year.
- "View from '62" GET CONNECTED event: Check out this article in the Anderson Independent-Mail about our "View from '62" event for students. We've also posted some photos to enjoy.
- Tri-County Celebrates 50 Years: Here is an article about our 50th anniversary in UpstateBizSC.
- "Fifty Pints for Fifty Years" Blood Drive: The "Fifty Pints for Fifty Years" blood drive on the Pendleton Campus was a tremendous success. These photos show some of our students making donations.
- Kick-off Reception: The Anderson Independent-Mail covered our 50th Anniversary kick-off reception on January 26 in the Ruby Hicks Library Administration Building. View the article here. The Pickens Sentinel also wrote an article about the event.
- Kick-off Reception Photos: Enjoy these photos from the 50th anniversary reception held January 26 in the Ruby Hicks Library Administration Building. The reception was attended by more than 150 business, industry and community leaders, as well as College employees and retirees.
- Governor Nikki Haley sent a letter congratulating Tri-County Technical College for fifty years of outstanding service to the community.
- Anderson QuickJobs Development Center Groundbreaking: The Anderson Independent-Mail published an article about the groundbreaking of our newest QuickJobs Development Center. Enjoy these photos from the March 9 event.
- First Student to Enroll: This article in the Anderson Independent-Mail tells the story of the first student ever to enroll at Tri-County.
- Cat in the Hat Ball: In celebration of Dr. Seuss's Birthday in the early 60s, the Inspiring Futures student club hosted a Cat in the Hat Ball March 15. Check out these photos from the event.
- Recognition from Counties and Town of Pendleton: The Anderson, Oconee, and Pickens County Councils each passed a resolution of appreciation of Tri-County Technical College in honor of its 50th anniversary. In addition, the Town of Pendleton proclaimed April 7 to be Tri-County Technical College Day in honor of the signing of State legislation creating the College. Here are photos from each presentation.
- Area Newspaper Inserts Honoring the 50th Anniversary: The Anderson Independent-Mail and The Journal both published anniversary inserts for their respective newspapers in honor and recognition of the fiftieth anniversary of Tri-County Technical College. You can view these publications at these links: The Anderson-Independent Mail Anniversary Insert and The Journal Anniversary Insert. Tri-County Technical College greatly appreciates both newspapers and the sponsors who made these publications possible.
- Faces of the Decades Named: Five oustanding alumni, one from each of the last five decades, were recognized at the College's Spring Commencement Ceremony in honor of the College's 50th anniversary: