Tri-County to Launch Honors ProgramRead More
Vice President of Business Affairs
The College’s Vision “Passionate people transforming lives and building strong communities one student at a time “drives all that we do at the College. Expectations are that within this vision, the Vice President for Business Affairs (VPBA) will advise the President on matters pertaining to the management and operations of all business functions of the college. Serving as the institution’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the VPBA is responsible for strategic financial planning, and contributing to the overall strategic plan for the college.
The areas of responsibility of the VPBA are Administrative Services, Campus Safety, Finance, Financial Aid, Information Technology, and the Physical Plant.
- Participates with the President and other members of the executive leadership team in short and long-term institutional planning, policy formulation and implementation of initiatives to achieve the mission and goals of the College.
- Works collaboratively with College administrators, faculty, staff, students, community members, county, state and local government officials and others to carry out the responsibilities of the position and the mission of the College.
- Through the College’s integrated process of assessment of institutional effectiveness, planning, and resource allocation, leads the processes for development and monitoring of the budget consistent with the College’s mission and core themes.
- Directs the College’s annual budget preparation process and recommends to the President the content of the budget to be presented to the College’s governing board.
- Provides leadership and direction related to the business functions of the college, assuring that the College has established appropriate fiscal controls and that all activities are compliant with laws, regulations and applicable guidelines, and that information is accurate and prepared in a timely manner.
- Oversees the development of the College’s Facility Master Plan, assuring that the plan is in alignment with the College’s strategic plan, mission and goals.
- Provides leadership and oversight in the planning, design and construction and renovation of facilities including short and long-range planning relating to programmatic needs and resource allocation.
- Acts as the College’s authorized agent in the review, approval and administration of contracts.
- Serves as the College’s Risk Manager by reviewing and updating the current Risk Management Policy and overseeing its implementation, and monitoring adherence to the policy through appropriate staff.
- Attends and actively participates in a wide variety of college, community, and System committees and meetings.
- Acknowledges and accepts new and changing duties and responsibilities that may occur in a dynamic, responsive environment.
- Serves as Ex-Officio member of the Tri-County Technical College Foundation Board
The selected candidate must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Master’s degree required. CPA certification may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree.
- Seven years of progressively responsible experience in a postsecondary education and/or senior level administration; experience in developing or operating multi-campus facilities desired. Community College experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively with boards and commissions.
- Evidence of operational skills in finance, budget development and administration.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse environment.
- Knowledge of strategic planning principles and the ability to analyze data, prepare reports and make fiscal forecasts.
- Ability to understand and commit to the College’s mission and to lead in a complex, fiscally challenging and rapidly changing environment.
- Knowledge of Risk Management trends in higher education.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and initiative; work collaboratively with others; meet prescribed deadlines; successfully facilitate meetings; mediate successful conflict resolution and communicate effectively in writing and orally.
To apply for this position please go to: https://jobs.tctc.edu/postings/2394