Dr. Ronnie L. Booth to Address Graduates at Summer CommencementJul 18 Read More
Congratulations and welcome to the Bridge to Clemson Program!
The Bridge to Clemson Program provides a comprehensive orientation for Bridge students and their parents in the summer before classes begin. By attending orientation, students will:
- gain more information about TCTC and Bridge Program expectations and policies
- learn about the programs and services offered through the Bridge Program
- meet with an academic advisor
- register for fall semester classes
Orientation is a one day event beginning at 8:30 am and ending at approximately 6:00 pm.
1. Register for an orientation session by June 1 (registration will open on May 1).
- To register for an orientation session, please click the date below for which you wish to register to link to the registration page. Once you have linked to the registration page, click the "Register" icon located on the upper right side of the screen (The registration window will open at approximately 8 am on May 1). You will need your TCTC ID Number (T#) and Clemson ID Number (CID) to complete the registration process. (Both ID numbers are provided in the orientation packet to be mailed on April 29, 2014).
Thursday, June 12
Monday, June 16
Tuesday, June 17
Thursday, June 19
Monday, June 23
Tuesday, June 24
Thursday, June 26
Orientation sessions have a limited number of available seats. Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, so register early to reserve your space.
2. Ensure that you have completed the COMPASS Placement Assessment by June 1.
- No appointment is required. COMPASS placement testing is offered on a walk-in basis. Walk-in hours for COMPASS testing at the Assessment Center are listed below.
Pendleton/Miller Hall, Room 103
Monday-Thursday/8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday/8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Friday/8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Tuesday/2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- If you live more than 100 miles from TCTC, the College may transmit the COMPASS to a location closer to your home through our remote testing process. To request a remote test, email the Assessment Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use "Remote Information Requested" as the subject line.
- You cannot be advised or register for classes without taking this assessment unless you have previously earned a C or higher in a college English or Math course and have submitted your transcripts to TCTC as outlined below
- A COMPASS score interpretation chart is included in the orientation packet mailed in late April
3. Send all transcripts and AP/IB score reports to TCTC Office of Admissions, PO Box 587, Pendleton, SC 29670
- Request that your final, offiical high school transcript is sent to TCTC upon graduation.
- If you have taken dual enrollment courses, request that an official transcript from the college or university is sent to TCTC. Also, bring an unofficial copy of the transcript with you to orientation.
- If you have taken AB/IB courses, request that an official score report is sent to TCTC.
4. Determine if you need to take the Foreign Language Placement Test or Exemption Exam.
- If you are interested in taking the foreign language placement test or the exemption exam to enroll in an advanced level of Spanish or French for the Fall 2014 semester, you must contact Dr. Della Vanhuss at 864-646-1380 or email@example.com to arrange these tests.
- Foreign language placement tests and exemption examss are not available on the day of orientation. Prior arrangement with Dr. Vanhuss are required to complete either the placement test or exemption exam and both typically must be completed several weeks before your orientation date.
- Any student who does not need to take a foreigh language course or who is planning to enroll in 101 level language classes will not need to complete these assessments.
5. Submit all required immunization forms and documentation to Redfern Health Center by July 1.
- Immunization forms and requirements can be found at http://www.clemson.edu/campus-life/campus-services/redfern/immunization.html.
- For further information or questions, contact Redfern Health Center's Director of Administrative Services, Dede Leylek at 864-656-7292 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Review the Enrollment Checklist to ensure you have completed all steps and appropriate paperwork for financial aid and housing.