Tri-County’s Foundation Board Welcomes Two New MembersRead More
TAP Credit in Health Education
TAP CREDIT/ADVANCED STANDING AVAILABLE IN THE HEALTH EDUCATION DIVISION
We encourage you to meet requirements early so that you can enter a program as soon as space is available after you graduate from high school. We also recommend that you take Health Science Technology (Health Occupations) I and II in high school, so you can take advantage of the TAP credit/advanced standing opportunities described below.
IF YOU'VE COMPLETED OR ARE NOW TAKING SEQUENCES IN THESE HIGH SCHOOL COURSES:
- Health Science Technology I and II
YOU CAN EARN TAP CREDIT FOR THIS TCTC COURSE:
- Medical Terminology (AHS 102)
(NOTE: TAP credit for this course would not count as credit toward completion of your program; however, you would receive the hours of additional credit on your college transcript.)
START THE TAP PROCESS BY:
- Printing out a Competency Verification/Teacher Recommendation (CVTR) form and have it signed by your high school/career center business teacher. Click here for a copy of the CVTR form.
- Asking your career center teacher to set up a testing date for you to take the TAP exam with the Dean of Health Education.
- Passing a TAP exam in each area listed with a grade of "C" or higher.
- Follow the 8 Steps to Enrollment to become a TCTC student and register for courses.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Nursing Programs: Dr. Lynn Lewis, Dean, Health Education Division, (864) 646-1427 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Janet Fuller, Department Head, Nursing, at (864) 646-1343 or email@example.com
Medical Assisting: Ms. Kaye Bathe, Department Head, Medical Assisting, at (864) 646-1352 or firstname.lastname@example.org