Tri-County’s Top Students Honored at Awards CeremonyRead More
I-BEST* stands for Integrated Basic Education Skills and Training. It's a career pathway program for adults who want to gain marketable skills and national certifications - all in one semester! (And, even better, the "pathway" part is something you can stay connected to for years, helping and guiding you through at least an associate's degree so you can maximize your earning and advancement potential!)
Here are some of the benefits of I-BEST:
- Earn two industry-recognized skill certifications.
- Earn WorkKeys skill certification with support for (free) retesting if needed to reach Platinum levels.
- Receive specialized support, personalized success planning, and work placements.
- Focus on STEM career fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) - where jobs and opportunities are growing!
- Earn 8 hours of college credit and qualify to graduate with Tri-County Technical College certificate.
- Receive free tuition, books, and even a parking decal! (Eligibility requirements must be met in order to qualify!)
Interested in Learning More About I-BEST?
Applying to be considered for I-BEST is a simple, two-part process. The first step is to attend a free MMS/I-BEST Information Session.
During this introductory session, you will learn about the Michelin Manufacturing Scholars (MMS) prograIm and the general I-BEST Manufacturing Career Pathway program. Information regarding requirements, expectations, and outcomes for both programs will be provided. You will also receive application materials and detailed information about the application process for the program(s) you are interested in. You will also have an opportunity for a brief individual meeting with a Tri-County staff member for further discussion if needed. You are encouraged to bring someone with you to the Information Session - spouse, parent, relative, or friend.
RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED
The following sessions are already scheduled, but more are coming.
Wednesday, April 5
Thursday, April 13
Monday, April 17
Monday, April 24
All sessions will be held in the Ruby Hicks Administration Building, Room 248, on Tri-County's Pendleton Campus.
To register, contact:
For more information, contact our Admissions Office at 864-646-1550, Jenna (864-646-1521; email@example.com), or Cadie (864-646-1565; hours 4:30-6:30 pm, Mon-Thurs.).
(*Integrated Basic Education Skills and Training [I-BEST] is a nationally recognized workforce development program developed by Washington State community colleges - and adapted for Anderson, Oconee, and Pickens Counties of South Carolina by Tri-County Technical College. Locally, an important component of I-BEST includes a collaborative partnership with Adult Education Centers.)