Thomas Strange, Senior Director of Research and Development for Abbott, to Address Tri-County’s Spring GraduatesRead More
FREE COLLEGE COURSE
Whether you're just getting started or starting over, you can ease your way into earning college credit through an exciting college and career readiness course: COL 120.
In the COL 120 course, you'll learn about valuable topics, including:
- Skills and habits of mind for college and work success
- Exploration of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) careers and personal career planning
- Problem-solving and teamwork techniques
PLUS, when you complete the course, you'll walk away with OSHA General Industry Standards training! Use what you've learned to begin work right away or begin a full degree program at Tri-County.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
9:00 am-10:55 am
Tuesday, May 16 - Thursday, July 27
(You will attend both days per week for the times and dates listed.)
If you are interested in Smart Start but the schedule listed doesn't work for you, please contact us. Other options may be available, so call Julianne at 864-646-1596, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You're eligible to enroll in COL 120 if you meet the following requirements:
- SC resident (Anderson, Oconee or Pickens counties)
- HS graduate (diploma or GED). Photocopy of credential or transcript accepted. Submit photocopy in person or via pdf email to: email@example.com.
Individuals who meet one or more of the following criteria are NOT eligible to enroll in COL 120:
- Current high school or adult education student.
- Current Tri-County Technical College student enrolled in one or more classes in a credit major (associate degree, diploma or certificate program).
- Non SC resident.
To enroll in COL 120:
Complete free TCTC application designated for this Smart Start | Start Over program. Submit completed application in person through the Admissions Office on the Pendleton Campus or via pdf e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted upon receipt of application and notified when course registration by staff has been completed.
Once you've been enrolled, you will be asked to review, initial and submit the COL 120 Acknowledgement Form.
If you have any questions or need assistance completing the application, please contact us at 864-646-2030, 864-646-1510, 864-646-2056 or 864-646-1565. Admissions hours are Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. until 6:30 p.m, and Friday: 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.