Accuplacer Placement Testing
Accuplacer Placement testing is provided in an effort to help you achieve success in your chosen program of study. Through placement testing, the Assessment Center provides information that will be helpful for you as well as your advisor in determining initial course placement. The purpose of placement testing is to make sure you have the necessary skills in reading, writing, or math to be successful in achieving your educational goals.
- What is the Accuplacer test?
- What should I expect when I take the Accuplacer test?
- Are sample questions available for the Accuplacer test?
- Who is required to take the Accuplacer test?
- Can SAT, ACT or other standardized test scores be substituted for Accuplacer?
- Is there a fee to take the Accuplacer test?
- Is an appointment required to take the Accuplacer test?
- How much time should I allow for Accuplacer testing?
- What should I bring with me for Accuplacer testing?
- Can I take my test at another location if I live more than 100 miles from TCTC?
- When will Accuplacer test scores be available?
- What do my Accuplacer test scores mean?
- Is retesting allowed?
- How can I prepare for a Accuplacer retest?
- What accommodations are provided for students with disabilities?
- How can I get my test scores sent to another institution?
- How can I contact the Assessment Center?
Foreign Language Placement Testing
Students who took at least two years of Spanish or French in high school may be eligible to place out of Spanish or French 101, 102, or 201, 202.