Transient and Non-Degree
If you plan to take a few credit courses but have no intention of graduating from TCTC, apply as a transient or non-degree student. Get started with a few easy steps:
- Submit an online application for admission. Applying online is fast and simple. If you need a paper application, contact Admissions at 864-646-1550 or email@example.com.
- Pay the $30 non-refundable application fee.
- Review "Additional Information" below to see if you have other enrollment requirements.
Apply and pay the application fee by the transient and non-degree admissions deadline for the semester you plan to enroll. Mailed applications and payments must be received by the deadline date.
- If you plan to transfer one or more TCTC courses back to your home college, apply as a Transient student and submit the Transient Coursework Approval Form to Student Records located in Miller Hall on the Pendleton Campus. Satisfaction of course prerequisites is indicated via signature of your home college's registrar.
- If you do not plan to transfer courses back to a college, apply as a Non-Degree student. Proof of prerequisite completion will need to be provided to the appropriate TCTC department heads for any courses with prerequisites. Non-degree students are required to take the COMPASS placement test. If you have completed college courses in English or math or have taken COMPASS in the last 3 years, testing may not be necessary. For further information, contact the Assessment Center at 864-646-1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration for Transient and Non-Degree students begins on Transient Student Registration Day.
- Transient and Non-Degree students are not eligible for financial aid or VA benefits.