Personal Trainer Certificate
An approved University Curriculum Course of the American Council on Exercise, this course presents the ACE Integrated Fitness Training® (ACE IFT®) Model as a comprehensive system for designing individualized programs based on each client's unique health, fitness, and performance goals. Students learn how to facilitate rapport, adherence, self-efficacy, and behavior change in clients, as well as design programs that help clients to improve posture, movement, flexibility, balance, core function, cardiorespiratory fitness, and muscular endurance and strength.
DOC 654 Module I
- Human anatomy, exercise physiology, applied kinesiology, and nutrition
- Principles of adherence, motivation, behavior change, and health psychology
- Communication and teaching techniques
- Health and exercise history information assessment
DOC 656 Module II
- Functional training: Assessments, programming, and progressions for posture, movement, core, balance, and flexibility
- Physiological assessments/Resistance training: Programming and progressions
- Cardiorespiratory training: Programming and progressions
- Professional and legal responsibilities, scope of practice, and business strategies for personal trainers
Entry Requirements/What to Expect
HS Diploma or GED
Upon successful completion of program requirements (includes Modules I and II with a minimum grade of "C" in both modules), students will be able to sit for certification exam with various nationally organizations.
Corporations who sponsor fitness programs for their employees, spas, resorts, cruise ships, an independent contractor or in a gym setting.
For more information, call (864) 646-1700 or toll free 866-269-5677, Ext 1700
or e-mail email@example.com