Veterans Can Connect to Resources at Tri-County’s Hearts for Heroes EventRead More
South Carolina Manufacturing Certification
The Center for Workforce Excellence and Tri County Technical College are pleased to announce their participation in a statewide program called South Carolina Manufacturing Certification (SCMC). This program is designed to prepare participants for careers in advanced manufacturing by giving them a skill set that is needed to be successful in today's advanced manufacturing environment. South Carolina is a state that is committed to industry and manufacturing, realizing that manufacturing jobs are the heart of our country's economy.
If you are currently looking for a career or advancement in your career, this program may be for you.
Benefits of South Carolina Manufacturing Certification
You will learn essential skills for high-demand jobs in advanced manufacturing. While you're at it, you will also receive an industry-recognized national certification. By the end of the program, you will increase your employability for high-demand, well-paying jobs by:
Earning industry-recognized national certifications
• Mastering the soft and technical skills essential for in-demand jobs in advanced manufacturing
• Understanding what it takes to work effectively in a manufacturing environment
• Comprehending the importance of continuous improvement in the manufacturing process
• Grasping the essential skills needed to gather, interpret, and use data consistently and accurately to make decisions and take action
• Improving your fundamental communication skills (writing, reading, speaking, listening) to meet the needs of the workplace
• Increasing your safety awareness and honing your ability to recognize and address safety hazards in the workplace
• Sharpening your basic math abilities
• Learning to measure properly using a wide variety of measuring instruments
• Enhancing your use of hand and power tools
• Learning to read a blueprint effectively without error and within tolerances
Components of South Carolina Manufacturing Certification
This program consists of 200 hours including:
• classroom training
• hands-on skill trainings
• production simulation exercises
South Carolina Manufacturing Certification Requirements
In order to be eligible for the scholarship funding associated with this program. You must:
• have a high school degree or a GED.
• have a silver level Work Keys certification.
• be unemployed or underemployed. However, an individual who is currently employed but would like to "re-career" in the manufacturing sector is eligible.
• successfully pass a drug screen and background check to be eligible for scholarship funding.
• be a South Carolina resident.
Participants in this course will have the opportunity to obtain certifications from:
Safety - Manufacturing Standards Skills Council
Quality Assurance - Manufacturing Standards Skills Council
Production and Processes - Manufacturing Standards Skills Council
Maintenance Awareness - Manufacturing Standards Skills Council
Certified Production Technician - Manufacturing Standards Skills Council
OSHA 10 hour General Industry Card - United States Department of Labor
Six Sigma Yellow Belt - South Carolina Manufacturing Extension Partnership
Electrical Safety - Snap-on Tools
Hand Tool Safety - Snap-on Tools
Multi-meter Usage - Snap-on Tools
South Carolina Manufacturing Certification - South Carolina Technical College System
SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING AVAILABLE - Get Certified!
The cost of the program is $2,119 and is 100% covered by funding from the South Carolina General Assembly. Students are only required to pay a $20 fee for drug screening and a background check.
New classes are starting every 6 to 8 weeks. To learn more about this program or to get started in the program, please plan to attend one of the short information sessions which is your entry point into the SCMC Program. To register, click button to view sessions and dates.