Poet/Novelist Ron Rash Returns to Tri-County for March 12 ReadingMar 7 Read More
Coarse Aggregate Level 1 Sampling & Grading Technician
The Coarse Aggregate (CA) Level 1: Sampling and Grading Course is intended to assure competency in issues affecting QC/QA for aggregate suppliers. This course serves as the primary certification required of all aggregate QC technicians and focuses on field sampling, sample reduction, and grading.
There is no instruction included in this course. Participants are required to take a written exam administered at the course site and achieve a score of 80% or higher to become certified. The exam is open notes and open book. Upon registration AND payment for the course, each participant will be sent a course manual to be used for the exam.
Entry Requirements/What to Expect
- Experience form signed by:
- BOTH a certified Coarse Aggregate Level 2 Testing Technician confirming that the participant has 6 months of experience training under that certified Level 2 Technician
- AND a certified Coarse Aggregate Level 2 Testing Technician from a different employer than themselves confirming that the participant has aptly demonstrated the following required procedures to them:
- Sampling of Aggregates (AASHTO T 2)
- Reducing Samples of Aggregate to Testing Size (AASHTO T 248)
- Sieve Analysis of Fine and Coarse Aggregates (AASHTO T 27)
Additional Registration Information
If registration information and payment for the course are not received at least 14 days prior to the course start date, the participant will not receive a course manual and will be dropped from the course. If the registrant provides an incorrect mailing address and the manual has to be re-shipped, a $10.00 processing and handling fee will be charged.
To become re-certified, the participant must pass a written exam (open book and open notes) with a score of 80% or higher.
Frequency of Re-certification
The certification period is five years. An individual will be informed, by way of a letter mailed to the technician's last address of record, when the certification period is nearing the expiration date. If the technician was last registered for certification by his/her employer, the last address of record may be the employer's address. However, it is the responsibility of the individual to keep Tri-County Technical College and the Technician Certification Board advised of his/her current address. The individual is also responsible for registering for the re-certification course and passing the written exam with a score of 80% or higher.
For more information, call (864) 646-1700 or toll free 866-269-5677, Ext 1700
(within the 864 area code) or e-mail email@example.com
For additional class offerings, visit our full course listing and schedule of classes.