Tri-County Instructor Timeko McFadden Selected for National ACTFL InitiativeRead More
Teacher Training & Recertification
Teacher Training and Certification Program
Our TESOL/TEFL/TESL Certification Program (PDF) exceeds industry and international standards and was developed by an educator with over 26 years of classroom experience from early childhood to post secondary level. Our course is comprised of 60-hour training, 40-hour practicum, teaching resource portfolio, personal mentoring, intercultural training and career/business development.
In order to meet individual's scheduling needs this program is being offered in several different formats each totaling 60 hours of classroom training.
- Weekend Intensives will be held on Saturday & Sunday from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm for 4 weeks.
- Semester Classes will be held Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm for 10 weeks.
- Summer Intensive classes will be held Monday through Friday from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Attend a free C.H.A.T. Session to learn more about the program. C.H.A.T. will be held the 2nd Tuesday in December, February, April or May from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm on the TCTC Pendleton Campus. Complete C.H.A.T. and Course schedule available (PDF).
Fee: $1549, includes course books, materials and $150 enrollment fee.
Upon successful completion you will receive an embossed, notarized certificate of completion of 100 contact hours in TESOL/TEFL/TESL Training and 10 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Certified teachers are reminded that this course could be a part of your individual recertification plan - contact your school district to discuss taking this as part of your individual recertification plan.
Topics will include:
- Principles of Language Teaching
- Motivation and Interaction in the Classroom
- Teaching Across Age and Proficiency Levels
- Evaluating Special Needs
- Assessment of Language Level and Placement
- Cross Cultural Information and Training
- Curriculum Development and Lesson Planning
- Development of Games and Activities
- Behavior Management and Classroom structure
- Getting a Job or Starting a Business
- And more...
RECERTIFICATION/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES FOR TEACHERS
For more information, call (864) 646-1700 or toll free 866-269-5677, Ext 1700
(within the 864 area code) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional class offerings, visit our full course listing and schedule of classes