CMT Network Partners with Tri-County to Empower EducationRead More
Race and Registration Information
|Tri-County Patriot Run
5K Race and One-Mile Run/Walk
Saturday, May 16, 2015
Anderson Campus of Tri-County Technical College
511 Michelin Boulevard
Anderson, South Carolina 29625
INFORMATION BELOW IS FOR 2014 RACE. INFORMATION FOR 2015 RACE WILL BE POSTED IN JANUARY 2015.
All proceeds from the race and related events will support student veterans' services and scholarships at Tri-County Technical College. Check back here often for additional details and more event announcements.
Partnerships and Sponsorships available: We are looking for veteran services providers who would be interested in partnering with us in this event. We also welcome sponsors who would like to support veterans in getting the training they need for good jobs. Please contact race director, Tim Bowen, for more information on how you can get involved: (864) 260-6705 or email@example.com.
Course Description: The race starts and ends at the Anderson Campus of Tri-County Technical College located at 511 Michelin Boulevard in Anderson, SC. The closed-road course follows Michelin Boulevard, which is a four-lane highway with a mixture of level terrain and low rolling slopes through attractive rural countryside.
Race Start Time and Logistics: Check-in and packet pickup will be 6:45 - 7:45 a.m. on race day at the Anderson Campus of Tri-County Technical College. Late Registration is 6:45 - 7:30 a.m. Both the 5K Race and the One-Mile Run/Walk will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. and will proceed rain or shine.
Walkers welcome! Timing and road/traffic support will be cut-off at 60 minutes. Walkers who have not finished will be picked up at that time.
Show your patriotism! Dress in red, white, and blue. An award will be given for the most creative patriot attire.
Wheelchairs and Strollers welcome. No pets, please!
Race will proceed rain or shine.
Course Certification Number: USA Track and Field SC9053BS
Timing and Finish Line Services: "It's About Time" Race Management Services of Greenville S.C.
******* Register Here at Active.com *******
Team Registration Information
- Team Captains: you must first register and pay as an Individual participant. During your registration process, you will have the option to set up a team.
- Team Members: Once your team captain has set up the team name in the system, you may then register using the Group/Team category (and select your team name during the registration process).
5K Run/Walk Entry Fees:
- $20: Individual not affiliated with TCTC
- $15: TCTC employee, retiree, student or alumnus. ($20 for registrations received after May 12.)
- $15: Each member of Teams/Groups of 10 or more. ($20 for team registrations received after May 12.)
Team members register online once the team captain has set up the team on the registration page.
One Mile Run/Walk Entry Fees:
- $10: Individual or Team Member. ($12 for registrations received after May 12.)
NOTE: With our newly focused support for student veterans, the one-mile event now includes a special emphasis for wounded and disabled veterans called The Miracle Mile. As in the past, anyone may enter this one-mile race; but we are especially encouraging participants that have disabilities or physical impairments, along with their family members and friends.
Special Discounted Rates for Veterans and Active Service Members: All veterans and active service members will receive $5 off whatever rate is applicable at the time of registration (see regular rates above). Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (864) 260-6700 for your discount code to use during online registration.
Please note that race packets and t-shirt sizes are not guaranteed after May 12.
Day of Race Registration: 6:45 - 7:30 a.m. No race packets or t-shirts are guaranteed
Day of Race Check-in: 6:45 - 7:45 a.m.
5K Race Awards:
- Open/Masters: Awards to the top three finishers in the Open and Masters categories include a medal and cash prizes as follows:
$50: 1st place, Open and Masters categories, male and female
$30: 2nd place, Open and Masters categories, male and female
$25: 3rd place, Open and Masters categories, male and female
- Age Group: All those who place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the age divisions are given a medal.
Age group awards for the top three finishers in each five-year category beginning with 9 and under; 10-14; 15-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70+.
- One-Mile Run/Walk Race Awards: The overall male and female winner will receive a medal
- Wounded/Disabled Veterans: There will be special recognitions for all wounded/disabled veteran participants.
- Show your patriotism! Dress in red, white, and blue! An award will be given for the most creative patriotic attire/costume.
- TCTC Employee Race Team Award: TCTC employees are encouraged to form teams (department, division, campus, etc.) to compete against one another - all in the spirit of good fun, good health and a good cause. Family members may be included on employee teams. The winner will be determined by which team has the most registered race participants on race day. A trophy will be presented to the winning team on race day, granting them bragging rights for one year.
Door Prizes: We always have great door prizes at this event! Past winners have walked away with power tools, TVs, restaurant gift cards, hotel getaway packages, and more.