Poet/Novelist Ron Rash Returns to Tri-County for March 12 ReadingMar 7 Read More
Race and Registration Information
|Tri-County Patriot Run
5K Race and One Mile Fun Run/Walk
Saturday, May 17, 2014
Anderson Campus of Tri-County Technical College
511 Michelin Boulevard
Anderson, South Carolina 29625
New Race Emphasis
This year begins a new emphasis to support our veterans. All proceeds from the race and related events will support student veterans services and scholarships at Tri-County Technical College. Check back here often for additional details and more event announcements.
Partnerships and Sponsorships available: We are looking for interested veteran services providers who would be interested in partnering with us in this event. We also welcome sponsors who would like to support veterans in getting the training they need for good jobs. Please contact race director, Tim Bowen, for more information on how you can get involved: (864) 260-6705 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Description: The race starts and ends at the Anderson Campus of Tri-County Technical College located at 511 Michelin Boulevard in Anderson, SC. The closed-road course follows Michelin Boulevard, which is a four-lane highway with a mixture of level terrain and low rolling slopes through attractive rural countryside.
Race Start Time and Logistics: Check-in will take place at the Anderson Campus of Tri-County Technical College from at 6:45 - 7:45 a.m. Late Registration is from 6:45 - 7:30 a.m. Both the 5K race and the One Mile Fun Run/Walk will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m.
Walkers welcome! Timing and road/traffic support will be cut-off at 60 minutes. Walkers who have not finished will be picked up at that time.
Show your patriotism! Dress in red, white, and blue. An award will be given for most creative patriot attire.
Wheelchairs and Strollers welcome. No pets, please!
Race will proceed rain or shine.
Course Certification Number: USA Track and Field SC9053BS
Finish Line Services: TBD
Registration: Online registration details TBA soon!
5K Run/Walk Entry Fees:
- $20: Individual not affiliated with TCTC ($25 for registrations received after May 12 and $30 on Race Day.)
- $15: TCTC employee, retiree, student or alumnus. ($20 for registrations received after May 12 and $25 on Race Day.)
- $15: Team of 10 or more. ($20 for team registrations received after May 12 and $25 on Race Day.) Teams must register together. Registration details will be posted here soon!
One Mile Fun Run/Walk Entry Fees:
- $10: Individual or Team. ($12 for registrations received after May 12 and $15 on Race Day.)
Special Discounted Rates for Veterans and Active Service Members: All veterans and active service members will recieve $5 off whatever rate is applicable the time of registration (see regular rates above).
Please note that no t-shirt sizes are guaranteed after May 12.
Day of Race Registration: 6:45 - 7:30 a.m. No race packets or t-shirts are guaranteed
Day of Race Check-in: 6:45 - 7:45 a.m.
5K Race Awards:
- Open/Masters: Awards to the top three finishers in the Open and Masters categories include a medal and cash prizes as follows:
$50: 1st place, Open and Masters categories, male and female
$30: 2nd place, Open and Masters categories, male and female
$25: 3rd place, Open and Masters categories, male and female
- Age Group: All those who place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the age divisions are given a medal.
Age group awards for the top three finishers in each five-year category beginning with 9 and under; 10-14; 15-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70+.
- One Mile Fun Run Race Awards: The overall male and female winner will receive a medal
- Wounded/Disabled Veterans: There will be special recognitions for all wounded/disabled veteran participants.
- Show your patriotism! Dress in red, white, and blue! An award will be given for the most creative patriotic attire/costume.
- TCTC Employee Race Team Award: TCTC employees are encouraged to form teams (department, division, campus, etc.) to compete against one another - all in the spirit of good fun, good health and a good cause. Family members may be included on employee teams. The winner will be determined by which team has the most registered race participants on race day. A trophy will be presented to the winning team on race day, granting them bragging rights for one year.
Door Prizes: We will announce our grand door prizes closer to the event!