Tri-County’s Foundation Board Welcomes Two New MembersRead More
Even if a student qualifies for scholarships, he/she should complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Students may qualify for additional aid to help supplement educational costs.
Tri-County Technical College Foundation Scholarships
The Tri-County Technical College Foundation will be awarding a significant number of scholarships for the 2014-2015 academic year, beginning with the fall semester. Scholarship award amounts will vary and may not represent total tuition costs. The deadline to submit scholarship applications to the Foundation Office (Pendleton Campus - Suite 200, Hicks Hall) will be Friday, March 14, 2014, at 2:00 p.m. Mailed applications should be postmarked by Thursday, March 13, 2014. Late and/or incomplete applications will NOT be considered. All scholarship recipients will be notified by Friday, April 25, 2014.
Click on the link below to access a copy of the application which will need to be printed, completed, and returned to the Foundation Office by the deadline stated above.
- In-County Students (Anderson, Oconee, Pickens counties) - The total LIFE scholarship for the 2014-2015 academic year will not exceed $4762.50. The scholarship will be divided equally between fall and spring semesters. (fall - $2381.25, spring - $2381.25)
- Out-of County Students - - The total LIFE scholarship for the academic year will not exceed $5000. The scholarship will be divided equally between fall and spring semesters (fall - $2500, spring $2500)
- This figure also includes the $300 annual book allowance.
- LIFE Scholarship does not cover Summer tuition
- Admissions informs Student & Financial Aid of eligible LIFE recipients
- Transfer students must self-identify as LIFE recipients by sending a copy of their high school and college transcripts, as well as a copy of their prior award notice, to the Financial Aid Office.
- Student must read, sign and submit the LIFE Affidavit for the appropriate aid year.
- In order to keep LIFE scholarship after the first year, student must earn at least a 3.0 and earn 30 college level credit hours combined for Fall, Spring, and Summer terms
- Must be enrolled as full-time (at least 12 credit hours)
- Remedial/developmental courses or non-degree DO NOT count towards the 12 credit hours needed (Examples include ENG 031, ENG 032, ENG 100, RDG 032, RDG 100, MAT 010, MAT 012, MAT 031, MAT 032, BIO 100, CHM 100)
For further information pertaining to the LIFE Scholarship, please visit the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education's website
Required form: LIFE Scholarship Certification and Affidavit
Looking for other scholarships to assist with the costs of tuition? Check out these great resources: