Tri-County Instructor Timeko McFadden Selected for National ACTFL InitiativeRead More
Even if a student qualifies for scholarships, he/she should complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Students may qualify for additional aid to help supplement educational costs.
Tri-County Technical College Foundation Scholarships
Tri-County Technical College Foundation scholarships are awarded each year to both new and continuing students. The criteria for scholarships vary, but include academic achievement, community participation, and financial need.
Foundation scholarships for the Fall 2015 semester have been awarded. Please check back for information on Spring 2016 opportunities.
- In-County Students (Anderson, Oconee, Pickens counties) - The total LIFE scholarship for the 2014-2015 academic year will not exceed $5000.00. The scholarship will be divided equally between two semesters. (For example: Fall - $2500.00, Spring - $2500.00)
- Out-of County Students - The total LIFE scholarship for the academic year will not exceed $5000. The scholarship will be divided equally between two semesters (For example: Fall - $2500, Spring - $2500)
- May be used for the summer term if student meets the criteria and chooses to attend at least 12 hours for summer. Students must take their hours at their home institution. Students who wish to use LIFE in the summer must self-identify to the Financial Aid Office. Using LIFE during the summer will not extend LIFE eligibilty.
- This figure also includes the $300 annual book allowance.
- Admissions informs Student & Financial Aid of eligible LIFE recipients
- Transfer students must self-identify as LIFE recipients by sending a copy of their high school and college transcripts, as well as a copy of their prior award notice, to the Financial Aid Office.
- Student must read, sign and submit the LIFE Affidavit for the appropriate aid year.
- In order to keep LIFE scholarship after the first year, student must earn at least a 3.0 and earn 30 college level credit hours combined for Fall, Spring, and Summer terms
- Must be enrolled as full-time (at least 12 credit hours)
- Remedial/developmental courses or non-degree DO NOT count towards the 12 credit hours needed (Examples include ENG 031, ENG 032, ENG 100, RDG 032, RDG 100, MAT 010, MAT 012, MAT 031, MAT 032, BIO 100, CHM 100)
For further information pertaining to the LIFE Scholarship, please visit the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education's website
Required form: LIFE Scholarship Certification and Affidavit
Looking for other scholarships to assist with the costs of tuition? Check out these great resources: