Tri-County Chorus’ Fall Concert Is November 18Read More
Appointments vs. Drop-Ins
The better question is do you want to have a tutoring session reserved for you, or do you want to drop in to the Tutoring Center and take a chance on getting help when you need it.
- An appointment assures you that you have a thirty-minute tutoring session at a certain time on a specific day. Appointments work well for students who are working on papers or reports due by a certain date or who are preparing for tests on a certain date. Appointments are especially important for essays, lab reports, and research papers.
- You can make appointments a week or several weeks in advance; you may even want to schedule a regular weekly appointment for a particularly difficult course.
- Appointments are also open to groups of students who are preparing one project for an instructor or who are preparing for a test or exam. Group sessions are especially effective in math and science. Study groups and study partners are welcome.
- Appointments take precedence over drop-ins.
- Drop-ins are always welcome, but if all tutors are busy, then drop-ins have to make appointments to come back for tutoring if they have time before the assignment is due or before a test.
- Tutoring sessions begin on the half hour--8:00, 8:30, 9:00, etc. Students who drop in the Tutoring Center are welcome to a portion of a 30 minute session as long as they understand the session will end on the half hour. Ten or fifteen minutes is perfect for the student who has a couple of specific questions in any subject area. Tutors want to be as flexible as possible in order to serve as many students as possible.