One Hundred and Three Students Named to President’s List for Fall 2016Read More
Online Career Resources
How to Write a Resume
- The Riley Guide: Preparing Your Resume for the Internet and Posting it Online
- Monster Career Center Resume Builder
- Resume Creator
Job Hunting and Interviewing
- Job Search
- Interviewing Skills Website
- Monster Career Center Interviewing Tips
Cover Letters and Thank You Letters
- Quintessential Careers: Cover Letter Resources
- Monster Career Center Writing Cover Letters
Information About Companies -- Job Listings From Across the United States
- The MonsterBoard
- The Riley Guide
Learn more about employers who have invited you to an interview.
- The Riley Guide: Salary Guides and Guidance
- America's Job Bank (U.S. Department of Labor job listing service)
- Career Mosaic
Career Mosaic offers a variety of listings on employers, opportunities for college students, and on-line job fairs. There's also on-line resume posting and searching, a career resource center, and a new "international gateway."
- Career Resource Center
- Catapult Launch Yourself
- Job Hunters Bible.com
What Color Is Your Parachute?
- JobWeb (job search, career and company information)
- National Employment Weekly
- NCS Career Magazine
(check out developments in various career fields)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
The Occupational Outlook Handbook is a nationally recognized source of career information, designed to provide valuable assistance to individuals making decisions about their future work lives. Revised every two years, the Handbook describes what workers do on the job, working conditions, the training and education needed, earnings, and expected job prospects in a wide range of occupations.
- Online Career Center - Monster.com
(Job, career and employer information)
- PENCOM Interactive Career Center
(mostly technical job listings)
Identifies computer skill sets and indicates typical annual salary.
- Quintessential Careers: Career and Job Resources by Industry
- The Riley Guide
The Riley Guide is an extensive on-line directory to employment and job resources on the Internet. Browsers will find advice on using the Internet to apply for jobs and research organizations, as well as to find information about specialized job fields.
- The S.C. Employment Security Commission
S.C. Employment Security Commission page with links to state, federal, and other S.C. job openings.
- Yahoo's Job Listing Directory
Career Development/Planning/Self Assessment
- The Career Key
Respond to certain questions and determine what careers would be best for you. Based on the Holland personality codes.
- Career Center
Designed to help you match your interests and skills with similar careers.
Offers a variety of career and personality tests.
- Enneagram Personality Dynamics
Complete an online test and determine your personality type.
- Keirsey Temperament Sorter
Presents the official Web site for the Keirsey Temperament Sorter and Temperament Theory.
- Keirsey Temperament Web Site
Contains 70 questions and an evaluation.
Learn about your personality and obtain snapshots of the 16 types.
- Psychological Type Profiles
Contains profiles on the 16 types from the Myers Briggs Type Indicator and links to Type resources.
- Self-Esteem Test
Determine your level of self esteem by responding to a series of questions.
- Transferable Skills Survey
Complete a test and learn which skills you can successfully transfer to a new job/career.
- Type A Personality
Respond to questions and determine if you are a Type A personality.