eTC Portal (Students and Employees) and the Public Website (External Audiences)
The College has two primary web presences:
A content management system (CMS) is used to create, update, and manage web content for both the public website and the eTC portal. The following information explains how new webpages are created and how content is kept up-to-date:
2. Establishment of new web content:
Note: If the content is intended for BOTH internal and external audiences, determine the primary audience (80/20 rule) to determine whether the Marketing Department or the eTC team should be the starting point.
3. Routine content updates: Routine updates are managed by each department using staff trained to use the CMS. Content owners are expected to keep information current and up-to-date on the website.
4. Establishment of new webpages to expand upon existing content: Departments can initiate new pages to expand on existing content with assistance from the Marketing Department as needed. If linked to the public website, all new pages are reviewed by the Marketing Department prior to launch. If the new content will result in several new pages or extensive amounts of new content, please consult with the Marketing Department before establishing the new pages for assistance in editing and organizing content.
5. Redirects to specific webpages: Departments that want a redirect address for their webpage for promotional purposes should consult with the Marketing Department for approval and establishment of a redirect name based on approved naming conventions. Once approved, the Marketing Department will establish the redirect. (Example: www.tctc.edu/race).
1) If you see an error on the website and are not sure who manages the content for the page, contact the Marketing Department.
2) Additional information about responsibility for the development and maintenance of the eTC portal and the public website can be found in the Tri-County Technical College Communications Policy 1-2-1024 and the Tri-County Technical College Communications Procedure 1-2-1024.3.