Tctc Vertical Top Nav Logo
Skip to Footer Section

For students, spouses of students, or parents that did not work,you will need to request a "Verification of Non-Filing Letter" from the IRS. You can create an account at and download a copy of the Non-Filing letter. If you are unable to create an account with the IRS you will need to complete the IRS 4506-T

To request the letter of non-filing you will complete an IRS form 4506-T and mail the completed document to the appropriate IRS office listed on page 2. The IRS will mail the "Verification of Non-Filing Letter" back to whatever address you provide and can submit to our office. You will need to complete the highlighted areas. Provide the last day of the year for whatever tax year you need a letter for.

Applicants must mail their completed forms to:

Internal Revenue Service


Stop 6705 S-2

Kansas City, MO 64999

Or the forms can be faxed to: 855-821-0094


IRS 4506-T Highlighted areas include line items 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, Siganture, date, phone number onl line 1a or 2a, and Spouse's signature and date