Tctc Vertical Top Nav Logo
Skip to Footer Section

Need Financial Assistance?

If your household has had an income reduction in the past year, we may be able to help.

In accordance with the American Rescue Plan (ARP) and the requirements for receiving Higher Education Relief Funds under that plan, Tri-County’s Financial Aid Office invites you to provide needed information on the 2021/2022 Special Circumstances Form or on the 2022/2023 Special Circumstances Form. We will evaluate these requests to determine if you qualify for additional financial aid.


Special Conditions Request

If you or your family’s financial situation has changed significantly from what is reflected on your 2019 or 2020 federal income tax return, you may be eligible for a financial aid adjustment to your FAFSA. You must have already completed your FAFSA as instructed to be considered for an adjustment to your FAFSA.

 Common special conditions include:

  • Loss of employment
  • Reduction of hours or wages
  • Death of a parent or spouse
  • Divorce or separation
  • Other special circumstances

If you would like to request a review of your financial situation, please fill out either the 2021/2022 Special Circumstances Form or the 2022/2023 Special Circumstances Form and follow the steps listed on the form.

  •  You will need to describe in detail what has changed and when the change occurred. Then you will need to let us know about the current financial situation. In your statement be sure to list all current sources of income (wages, benefits, unemployment, etc.) and include documentation of each source.
  • We will also need documentation of current income to see if the change is significant enough to make you eligible for additional financial aid.



 Common Documentation Requested:

(only submit what is applicable to your situation)

  • Signed 2020 or 2021 Federal Tax Return and W2s (proof of income reduction)
  • Letter showing unemployment benefits
  • Social security benefits statement
  • Last three pay stubs to show average income per pay period
  • Letter of separation from prior employer
  • Letter from employer showing reduction of hours or pay
  • Death certificate
  • Divorce decree or separation documentation

 All forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office for review.


You can drop off the completed form and documents at TC Central in Ruby Hicks on the Pendleton Campus or at the Front Desks of any of our Community Campuses, or you may email them to You may also send through the US Postal Service at the following address:

TCTC Financial Aid Office
Post Office 587
Pendleton, SC 29670


If you have any questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 864-646-8282, Option 1, or