Academic advising is a critical component of the transformational educational experience at Tri-County Technical College. Its primary purpose is to assist students in the development of meaningful curricular and co-curricular plans and to align those plans with attainable life goals.
Academic Advisors provide students with specialized, personal contact, and seek to meet student needs in the following ways:
- Assist in development of realistic educational plans compatible with academic, life, and career goals based on a student’s abilities and time constraints;
- Provide individualized, proactive academic guidance throughout a student’s academic career, including monitoring and following up on student progress;
- Aid students through their academic careers in developing decision-making skills and in becoming autonomous and self-reliant;
- Refer to appropriate support services both on campus and in the community; and
- Provide job placement information and university transfer assistance as needed.
Resources to help you provide the best academic advising for student success are provided for you here.