Accessibility Skip to Content Section
Skip to Footer Section
Providing on and off-campus work opportunities for qualified students

The Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program:

Where do I start?

  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

    • Eligibility is based on financial need through the FAFSA.

  • Search and Apply for a job posted at above link.
  • Must be enrolled and attending at least 6 or more credit hours.
  • Student must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) guidelines.

Work-Study Program Information

  • Jobs are located on-campus and off-campus.
  • Positions will pay between $9.00-$11.00/hour.
    • Student's total award amounts vary and work hours will depend on unmet financial need and availability of funds.
  • Funds are not credited to student's account. Students will receive payment for hours worked on the last working day of each month.

I've been offered a position, what's next?

  • You will need to complete the new hire packet, which will be emailed to you. You can also request to pick up a packet in Human Resources.
  • The new hire packet must be completed and submitted to Human Resources prior to beginning work.
    • This packet of information will be used to integrate you into Tri-County Technical College's payroll system.

 How do I get paid?

  • Timesheets are completed online.  It is the student’s responsibility to enter their time worked on a daily basis.  Supervisors are responsible for approving timesheets by the appropriate date.
  • Timesheets for off-campus work-study students must be mailed by the supervisor and received by payroll on or by the due date.
  • All payroll checks will be directly deposited in student’s personal account or mailed to them in the form of a paper check.

If you have questions about the Federal Work-Study Program, please contact the Financial Aid Office at