How Do I Request to use my Educational Benefits?
CURRENT STUDENT/RETURNING STUDENT
- Returning students who have not attended in over a year will need to complete the admissions application and all admissions requirements.
- Schedule an advisor appointment to discuss courses required for your current program of study
- Clemson Bridge students should follow the Clemson Bridge guidelines for orientation and registration
- Verify by reviewing degree works with your advisor that the courses you are registered for are required for your program of study**
- Register for classes advised that are required for your current program of study
- Complete and Electronically sign the VA Certification Request Form.
- Submit a copy of the COE (If you have not already) to TC Central, located in Ruby Hicks Hall on the main campus, front desk of Anderson/Easley/Oconee campus, or email to email@example.com.
- Complete the FAFSA, online at studentaid.gov (TCTC School Code: 004926), to determine if you qualify for Federal/State Financial Aid, in addition to your VA benefits.
- If you need assistance, FAFSA Friday is available every Friday from 10 AM to 1 PM in Ruby Hicks Room 211.
- NOTE: If you receive Lottery Tuition Assistance (LTA) and/or SC WINS, your VA tuition benefits may be adjusted.
- Choice ACT – If you are chapter 30, 33 and coded as an out of state student, you can provide your DD-214 Member 4 copy (discharge papers) along with your COE – certificate of eligibility and we can review to see if you qualify for the out of county tuition rate. However, if you wish to file for in-state tuition, follow the guidelines at tctc.edu/residency.
Change of Program of Study (Major):
Current enrolled students should go to TC Central, located on the Pendleton campus and speak with a Student Success Coach.
GI Bill® Comparison Tool
- Patriots’ Place, a resource center specifically for our student veterans, located on TCTC’s Pendleton Campus. Patriots’ Place is the on-campus lounge for student veterans: a place where they can connect with other students who share similar backgrounds and who may face some of the same challenges in navigating the college environment. Patriots’ Place is also the operations center for TCTC’s chapter of Student Veterans of America (SVA) and a primary location for outside vendors serving military populations to exhibit information.