Tctc Vertical Top Nav Logo
Skip to Footer Section

Are you a high school student interested in getting a head start on college coursework? Tri-County’s Career Pathways for Success dual enrollment program may be right for you. The information below describes the requirements, benefits, and other details of Tri-County's dual enrollment program. If you have any questions, please contact us. We are happy to answer your questions!

Tri-County Technical College values its partnerships with area schools and educators. The High School Engagement and Outreach office works closely with schools in Anderson, Oconee and Pickens Counties to offer a variety of quality programs and services to students, teachers, and schools. Click on a specific program below for more information:

  • Technical Advanced Placement (TAP) - Provides high school students enrolled in specific high school courses the opportunity to receive college credit toward courses in Tri-County programs.


For general information about dual enrollment at Tri-County, please watch this short video.

Click hre for Important Forms students need to submit

Eligibility & Enrollment Requirements

Students qualify to take college courses as a dual enrollment student by meeting the following criteria:

  • Currently-enrolled high school junior or senior, or approval to begin early from the director of High School Engagement and Outreach;
  • US citizen/legal presence;
  • Permission from parent/guardian and high school official;
  • Online dual enrollment application completed;
  • Qualifying ACCUPLACER scores, or prerequisites met through Advanced Placement (AP) scores or prior college coursework.

Benefits of Participating in Dual Enrollment

  • Get a head start taking college courses toward an associate or bachelor degree, diploma, or certificate program;
  • Utilize empty blocks of time at your high school by earning college credit;
  • Ease into college-level coursework before attending college as a full-time student;
  • Experience a college environment and a diverse student body;
  • Save time and money!

Course Delivery Options

Tri-County dual enrollment courses are offered at the following locations:

  • Anderson, Oconee, and Pickens County high schools and career centers, as arranged through the school districts;
  • Tri-County's Anderson, Easley, Pendleton, and Oconee campuses;
  • The Industrial Technology Center in Sandy Springs;
  • Online through distance learning courses.

Talk to your principal, school counselor, or homeschool association to find out what options are available through your high school and to determine if dual enrollment is right for you. You may also contact us for information about your school’s options.

University Transfer Option

High school students may start earning college credit toward an associate or bachelor degree by participating in dual enrollment. Students should choose college courses that apply toward their anticipated majors and that transfer to the 2- or 4-year institutions they plan to attend. It is highly recommended that students check the website or college catalog of the institution where they wish to receive their final degree and print out the course requirements for the program.

South Carolina public colleges and universities accept 86 universally transferable courses, which will transfer among and between all SC public colleges and universities.  An additional resource to find transfer agreements among state colleges and universities is the South Carolina Transfer and Articulation Center. If you have any questions, please contact us. We are happy to assist you.

Technical Career Pathways Option

Technical career pathways provide high school students the ability to earn college credit in technical fields, such as CNC Programming & Operations, General Engineering Technology, HVAC (Heating, Vent, & Air Conditioning), Industrial Electronics, Mechatronics, and Welding. In some programs, students may earn a college credential prior to graduating high school and go right to work. Students also may choose to continue at Tri-County, applying their certificate toward earning an associate of applied science degree in the technical field. Please contact your high school counselor or contact our office to learn about specific career pathways offered and approved by your school district. High school students may begin Technical Career Pathways early. Each pathway provides suggested course articulation, salary information, and additional degree opportunities.

Tri-County Career Pathways for High School Students:

Career pathways provide a suggested course outline for students who wish to begin taking college courses toward a Tri-County program during their junior or senior year of high school. Each pathway includes course recommendations and descriptions, salary information, and certificate, diploma and degree options at Tri-County and at partnering 4-year institutions. Click here to see a complete list of career pathways with printable PDFs. 

Participating in Dual Enrollment

The first step to becoming a Tri-County dual enrollment student is to complete the admission process.

  • The Dual Enrollment Application is a FREE online application and must be completed to be a dual enrollment student. Please read the directions carefully. Detailed directions are also provided on the checklist, located at the link below.

The Dual Enrollment Student Checklist provides a step-by-step guide for the application and registration process.

Once admitted, Tri-County will send students an acceptance letter via email and regular mail that includes important information. Students should keep the acceptance letter in a safe place and follow the instructions carefully.

For application information for dual enrollment at Tri-County, please watch this short video.

Registering for Courses

Students may register for courses through their high school counselor or by contacting the High School Engagement and Outreach office at the contacts at the bottom of this page. Dual enrollment students may not register themselves through MyTCTC. Students must qualify for desired courses through qualifying ACCUPLACER scores, or through additional prerequisite requirements, such as earning qualifying Advanced Placement (AP) scores. Find more information about taking the ACCUPLACER here.

Students may visit the online college catalog for a list of general education course offerings, course descriptions, and prerequisites required for those courses. Students may search for desired courses by using the online Course Search tool, selecting the term they wish to take a course, and filling in subject and location information.

Once students have been registered, they should log in to their MyTCTC account – the student online portal – and check the bill and schedule to make sure they are registered for the correct course(s). The student’s acceptance letter has detailed instructions for setting up the MyTCTC account.

Additional details about Tri-County’s dual enrollment program are found in the Dual Enrollment Handbook. A PDF printable version of the handbook is available at the bottom of this page.

Dual Enrollment Financial Information

While dual enrollment students are responsible for paying for their tuition, books, supplies and transportation, options are available to help cover these college costs. Some Anderson, Oconee and Pickens County school districts help students cover some of their costs. Students should discuss with their high school administration what is available at their schools.

Lottery Tuition Assistance (LTA) is available to dual enrollment students who meet state residency requirements and who are registered for six (6) or more credit hours in one semester. LTA pays a portion of a student's tuition for Fall, Spring and Summer sessions. Visit Financial Aid's Grant page for more information about LTA eligibility.

Additional forms and Links to Information:

Tuition Rates – Find the current tuition rates per credit hour.

Academic Calendar – Find important dates and deadlines for each semester of attendance.

Campus Store – Search for and purchase books and supplies online and either pick up at the Pendleton Campus Store window on the ground level of the Student Success Center, or have them delivered to another Tri-County campus.

Declaration of Citizenship Form – Use this form if you did not include your driver's license, permit number, or state ID on your online application OR if the college notifies you that it is required. Either submit the form and appropriate documentation to your school counselor or take in person to a Tri-County Campus.

High School Engagement & Outreach Contact Information

Anderson Hall, Suite 111, Pendleton Campus

Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.

 Marla Cobb, Director of High School Engagement and Outreach, 864-646-1512, Email:
Ingryd Masters, Coordinator of Student Support for Dual Enrollment and Career Pathways, 864-646-1503, Email:

Aaron Pobiak, Coordinator of Student Support for Dual Enrollment and Career Pathways, 864-646-1679, Email:​

Kaweishia Drinkard, Administrative Specialist of Student Support for Dual Enrollment & Engagement Outreach, 864-646-1736,

Office Telephone: 864-646-1505

Office Email:

Office Fax: 864-646-5096

Toll-Free number: 1-866-269-5677

Extension 1512 – Marla

Extension 1503 – Ingryd

Extension 1679 - Aaron


 Find more details about Tri-County’s Dual Enrollment program in the Dual Enrollment Handbook.